1. ALL required paperwork completed and submitted.
2. Bring and Maintain equipment and appropriate clothing for indoor/outdoor/track activities
b. Tennis Shoes
c. Mouth Guard
f. WARM LAYERS- more than you think you need!!
1. Athletes will arrive on time (15 minutes before practice time), prepared and ready to warm up.
2. Athletes will participate in ALL practices and ALL drills/conditioning activities each day of the tryout (unless other arrangements have been made AHEAD OF TIME)
Tryout Assessment: ln an effort to make the tryout fair and to provide equal experiences for all athletes we have created a list of the critical components we will consider as we make the final JV and Varsity Lacrosse team selections. The following is a list of the areas on which athletes will be evaluated during the tryout period. A sample evaluation form is included in this packet.
1.Left Hand stick skills - passing, catching, shooting
2. Right Hand stick skills - passing, catching, shooting
1. 8 meter defensive footwork/movement
2. Midfield Defense
Fitness: The following are a list of timed runs we will complete during tryouts. The maximum time expected is listed next to each distance.
1. Timed 400 (under 1:35 minutes)
2. Timed 800 (under 3:40 minutes)
3. Timed 1 mile (under 8:00 minutes)
4. Timed 2 mile (under 16:00 minutes)
1. Willingness to try new things
2. Application of instructions